Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 26: Home Visits

Today we started the day with trying to figure our way to college. Sounds fun right? Except this time we had to assistants and that was fun. The professors did not really know their way around either so we had to pull together as a team to figure out our way. Now that was fun but then when we got to the school we were treated to an adventure.
At Teikyo University we got to meet more classmates and played many ice breaker games including musical chairs, gesture game, and the kanji game (which was my favorite). After hanging out with our new friends we all went to lunch together and I was treated to a new food item called Fried Sweet Potato and that was a treat. Japan surprises me every day I wake up to its sunshine and I keep wanting more. After our lunch we went with our family's to a home visit and that was amazing to see the insight of a family home in Tokyo. I learned a lot from our host and was ecstatic to see how nice and giving everyone in the community is. We exchanged gifts over dinner and my partner and I both learned how to cook "Dan-go". I was able to pick up some more cooking skills which is something i will definitely will bring home with me. I hope to continue learning throughout this trip and cant wait to use most of these influences into my future home.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment